Monday, October 12, 2009

Blogger Quilt Festival

After much contemplation, I have decided to participate in Park City Girl's Blogger Quilt Festival. Since I am a new quilter, I didn't have too many quilt to choose from and this is a good thing. It took me several days to decide on one of the four quilts I made so far. Can you imagine if I have as much quilts as Red Pepper Quilt or some of the really experienced quilter? I probably won't be participating if this was the case.

So, the quilt I chose to show is my first quilt. It is the one I made when I participated in Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along. Thanks to Dana clear instructions and everyone's encouragement from the group, I was able to complete my first quilt.


Not only did I make my first quilt, but I also learned how to do free motion quilting. It was a first of everything for me. The size of the quilt is only 40" X 45", but I love it. I thought about donating it to Binky Patrol since they don't have enough boy color "binky", but I can't part with it. I may have to make a bigger one for myself to substitute for this one.

15 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm glad you decided to participate. Great quilt!

Jodie said...

wow, first quilt and it looks great. Love the quilting nice and wrinkly!

Dolly said...

Congratulations on so many firsts !
You're gonna love this addiction.....it's kept me having fun for YEARS !

Marie said...

Welcome to the quilting world you are gonna like it. Very nice quilt.

Amanda Conger said...

I love the colors you choose, very modern and fresh. : )

Melanie said...

I love those fabrics together. Wonderful quilt. Keep on sewing!

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your quilt. It looks lovely.

Jeannette said...

It is bold and boys do need bright colors...It is so homey and traditional feeling too. Really like this...bet you'll keep piecing and quilting.

geni said...

Happy that you decided to join with your wonderful quilt! Thank you for sharing.

geni
@ Loose Ends

Rebekah said...

welcome to the festival!

Your quilt is beautiful. I love how you used plaids for it.

duckyhouse said...

Your quilt is lovely, way to go!

Cami said...

One of my favorite patterns. i really like the colors you used. Great quilt!

Letterpress said...

Welcome aboard the quilting train! You're doing really well, coming along. Pretty soon your four will be twenty-four and it will take lots longer to choose one for the Park City Blogger Festival--a good thing!

Very cute quilt in those reds and blues and congrats on being brave enough to tackle machine quilting. It took me ages to become that brave, and I've been quilting since I can remember!

Terrific quilt--thanks for posting!
--ELIZABETH E, #115

Bquiltin said...

Looks and feels warm and cozy. Realy beautiful First Quilt... plus free motion!

Have a great day

ParisMaddy said...

Congrats on your first quilt. Many more to come. You did a great job and it's so cute.